10 Big Differences Between What’s Romantic Now And Later
1. In the beginning, you’re slowly but surely falling in love with their perfume or their cologne or whatever they use for their signature scent. Three years later, you’re just trying to learn to deal with the smell of their farts.
2. In the beginning, you fall asleep every single night with your arms around each other. Three years later, it’s more about getting a solid five to six minutes of hard cuddling in before you call it a night and move into whatever position is actually comfortable, even if that means rolling to complete opposite sides of the bed to have your space.
3. In the beginning, your relationship is full of late nights, pillow talk, and an inability to fall asleep before two in the morning because you can’t stop touching each other. Three years later, when they ask you if you’re ready for bed at 9:30, you think it’s the sexiest thing they’ve ever said.
4. In the beginning, you are shy around each other and you try to do everything you can to seem flawless. Three years later, you’re peeing with the door open because you don’t want to have to pause your conversation just so one of you can go to the bathroom.
5. In the beginning, you excitedly make plans for Valentine’s Day that involve a beautiful dinner and cards and every single Valentine’s Day trinket you guys find at Walgreens. Three years later, every day feels like Valentine’s Day… except instead of bringing each other chocolate or flowers, you’re bringing over Imodium because they’ve got a mean case of diarrhea.
6. In the beginning, you are constantly worried that you have something in your teeth when you’re around them because you’re crazy about them and want to look your best. Three years later, you know that if there’s pepper in your teeth, they’ll just straight up tell you or, better yet, get it out for you. (Yes, ew. But also strangely convenient.)
7. In the beginning, you’re having way too much fun sending each other racy Snapchats. Three years later, Snapchat is still a high priority, but you’re more concerned with including them on the list of friends you send your heinous double chin pic to than you are of sending them something cute or sexy.
8. In the beginning, you can’t resist drowning each other in compliments. Three years later, you still say nice things to each other, but they’re balanced out by frequently voiced reminders that you drive each other crazy or find each other ridiculously annoying sometimes.
9. In the beginning, you select your meal carefully at a restaurant. A salad, or some plain pasta – whatever’s easiest to eat and least likely to get on your face or stuck in your teeth. Three years later, you’re eating the biggest cheeseburger they’ve got while moaning appreciatively and making strangely sexual noises that have nothing to do with your partner next to you. They aren’t even noticing because they’re doing the exact same thing.
10. In the beginning, you literally go into a panic filled with nerves and giddy excitement whenever you see that they’re calling you. Three years later, you’re still excited to talk to them, but rather than answering with a nervous and breathy, hello, you usually answer with some kind of joke or a weird, unattractive noise. Or just a relaxed “hey” when you’re feeling lazy.